Hey! Long time no see. 👋
I have quite a lot of updates. Since we talked, I've quit freelancing to focus on Coolify version 4 entirely. The development speed is huge! 📈
We are at version 120 of the beta version. Many new features have been added, and we are closer and closer to the first non-beta version.
Even though it is beta, it is pretty stable. Lots of companies / freelancers / agencies are using it daily!
Interested in sponsoring this newsletter? Contact me.
As You know - if not, you will now 😅 - I've been burning my savings since I quit freelancing. I posted my feelings on Twitter about this a few days ago (link) and some of the responses encouraged me to take some action.
I love what I do with Coolify: help you host on your own things simpler, cheaper, without vendor lock-in, with no features behind a paywall, free & open.
To be able to do the development at the same speed as I do in these few months:
I need your help! 💜
I never will stop developing Coolify, however, if I start freelancing again, the development will slow down as I cannot concentrate on it 100%. 📉
Gosh, it is so hard to write this down... 😣
The biggest help you can do is to financially support me & my projects through:
I cannot thank you enough if you do and help me keep up the same momentum! 💜
State of Version 4
I've added 99% of the features to version 4 from 3, and even more. Just a list of plus things in v4:
- Monitoring of your applications and servers.
- Server automation (cleanups, checks, etc).
- Notification system to notify you what is happening with your servers/applications (supported channels are Telegram, Email, Discord at the moment).
- Scheduled and automated backups for all kinds of databases locally to your server or to an S3-compatible remote storage (You can even host a MinIO instance with one click on your server with Coolify, and point all backups to it! 🤯)
- Webhooks (you can initial a deployment from your CMS, GitHub Actions, anywhere)
- Lots of services (https://coolify.io/docs/one-click-services) and the list is growing.
- You can customize anything for your needs.
- Clone your projects with all the applications/databases/services included. If you have clients, you can quickly replicate a whole environment to a different server!
- You can execute any command on your server without leaving Coolify's UI (full terminal integration coming soon).
- CLI to manage everything from your terminal.
- Fully observability. Send logs/metrics to your favorite 3rd party services (Axiom, Datadog, Newrelic), or self-host your own with an open-source observability system, like Signoz or HyperDx (or with Loki + Grafana).
- Load balancing between several standalone servers.
- Integrate with Hetzner, GCP, AWS, etc to quickly integrate new servers.
- Docker Swarm integration.
- Kubernetes integration.
A month ago, I started to offer a cloud version, where you do not need to host Coolify itself, but you can still use your servers, so there is no vendor lock-in! 🔓
It starts with a $5/month tier, equivalent if you host your Coolify on a server and add remote servers for your applications/resources.
It is a highly available Coolify instance, always ready, and up-to-date.
For more information: https://coolify.io/pricing
Thank you for reading my updates! If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.